The Annual Retail Trade Survey (ARTS) produces national estimates of total annual sales, e-commerce sales, end-of-year inventories, inventory-to-sales ratios, purchases, total operating expenses, inventories held outside the United States, gross margins, and end-of-year accounts receivable for retail businesses and annual sales and e-commerce sales for accommodation and food service firms located in the U.S.
License: U.S. Government Work
The 2014 Annual Retail Trade Report was released on March 7, 2016. A Summary of Changes provides comparability with previous surveys.
- Annual Retail Trade Survey—2014:
- Sales (1992-2014): Excel [66KB]
- Sales Taxes (2004-2014): Excel [46KB]
- Inventories (1992-2014): Excel [44KB]
- Purchases (1992-2014): Excel [46KB]
- Total Operating Expenses (2006-2014): Excel [47KB]
- Gross Margin (1993-2014): Excel [46KB]
- Gross Margin as a Percentage of Sales (1993-2014): Excel [47KB]
- Accounts Receivable (2004-2014): Excel [43KB]
- Per Capita Sales (2000-2014): Excel [40KB]
- Inventories Held Inside and Outside the U.S. (2004-2014): Excel [41KB]
- U.S. Retail Trade Sales - Total and E-commerce (1998-2014): Excel [43KB]
- U.S. Electronic Shopping and Mail-Order Houses (NAICS 4541) - Total and E-commerce Sales by Merchandise Line (1999-2014): Excel [43KB]
As part of the Obama Administration’s efforts to make our healthcare system more transparent, affordable, and accountable, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has prepared a public data set, the Medicare Provider Utilization and Payment Data: Physician and Other Supplier Public Use File (Physician and Other Supplier PUF), with information on services and procedures provided to Medicare beneficiaries by physicians and other healthcare professionals. The Physician and Other Supplier PUF contains information on utilization, payment (allowed amount and Medicare payment), and
Every year the CDC releases the country’s most detailed report on death in the United States under the National Vital Statistics Systems. This mortality dataset is a record of every death in the country for the year 2014, which includes detailed information about causes of death and the demographic background of the deceased.
It's been said that "statistics are human beings with the tears wiped off." This is especially true with this dataset. Each death record represents somebody's loved one, often connected with a lifetime of memories and sometimes tragically too short.
The TMC maintains a map of traffic speed detectors throughout the City. The speed detector themselves belong to various city and state agencies. The Traffic Speeds Map is available on the DOT's website. This data feed contains 'real-time' traffic information from locations where DOT picks up sensor feeds within the five boroughs, mostly on major arterials and highways. DOT uses this information for emergency response and management.
The metadata defines the fields available in this data feed and explains more about the data.