72 Magnetic Experiments-Flyback Transformer
flyback, smps, BH, flux, AC Flux Density, Non Linear reluctance, saturation, airgap, Jiles-Atherton, switching transformer, core loss, copper loss, eddy, MOSFET loss, crossover, continuous mode, discontinuous mode, Lyapunov Function, Lyapunov exponent, Cholesky, positive-definite, symmetric matrix, singular value decomposition, performance index, loss function, charger, laptop, iphone, non linear battery, li-ion, state of charge, self-discharge, five time-constant, battery deterioration
This dataset is in support of my 3 research papers 'Comparative Analysis of 72 Flyback Transformers on 5τ Non-linear Battery with Loss Functions - Part I', 'Comparative Analysis of 72 Flyback Transformers on 5τ Non-linear Battery with Loss Functions - Part II' and 'Comparative Analysis of 72 Flyback Transformers on 5τ Non-linear Battery with Loss Functions - Part III'.
- Part I 10.36227/techrxiv.19634340.v1
- Part II 10.36227/techrxiv.19634352.v1
- Part III https://doi.org/10.36227/techrxiv.19634373.v1
This dataset is the collection of the design of 72 working transformers. This is extremely useful for investors who want to open new business, manufacturers,small scale industries, r&d engineers, transformer designers as I have shared real life implemented calculations, the prototypes which are used daily.All these 72 transformers are working transformers ,and small scale industries can sell these to MNCs like Apple,Sony ,Dell, HP,LG, microsoft, Samsung,Lenevo, all laptop or mobile chargers companies etc.
This study is not on complete SMPS circuit calculations but on complete SMPS transformer designing and on its performance.
(1) Zip or any folder neither contain any complete simulation project folder nor complete calculation sheets nor any manual scan paper.
(2) Extra Libraries created, modified , other scripts , not shared, as very elementary.
(3) Script used to plots is uploaded on IEEE CodeOCean.
(4) Calculations like positive-definite or symmetric matrix , singular value decomposition,Cholesky decomposition,Lyapunov exponent, Lyapunov function, Jiles-Atherton equations, are very elementary for any graduate,degree holder, so only results given in research paper.
(5) The data given in the transformer construction details are from calculations, and only the result from calculation is given in it.
(6) For other details like analysis,continuous mode or discontinuous mode, interpretation, parameters, experiments, mathematical formulae used to obtain these results etc. please refer "Research Paper".
(7) The research paper has more different comparative results, graphs, which are of interest to R&D engineers,MNCs or small scale industries business costing, professors or post -phds working in Magnetics field.
(8) The calculated details like copper losses, eddy, hysteresis, core losses, AC Flux Density, MOSFET losses, MOSFET switching frequency,loss functions, singular value decompositions,Lyapunov exponent of both transformers is given in 7 Tables (Tables 1 to 7) of the "Research paper".
(9) All work is simple , on basic and elementary concepts, can be easily copied, remade and understood.
(10) This is full cheat sheet. Any can copy, in case you are not able to get the desired as shown, I m not responsible. Though , minor construction errors will also pass, and all these are working transformers.
(11) Those investing will have to see themselves profit, loss etc.
(12) The transformer construction details are given in folder 'Construction' . All are working transformers, practically used.Give this sheet to technician/engineer and you will get working transformers, sell these to MNC like Apple,Sony ,Dell, Samsung,Lenevo,LG, all laptop or mobile chargers or other companies which sell these in the international market. All pdfs have 2 transformers design on different cores.The used cores are easily available.
(13) I have given instructions in detail, so that weaker financial people who will purchase , do not say,this was their money loss. I have given complete details. How the windings have to be, or the mechanical or electrical windings, have to be, any non-degree who designs these are expert in it. Other details can be read in research paper.
(14) If any problem in understanding calculations or formulae used, pls contact your university professor or board or any of the companies engineer.
(15) The dataset has been checked by the 'Data or Code or model Inspector' before uploading. This will be the last version and there won't be any other improvement or corrections or re-upload.
(16) .mat files can be converted to .csv or .xlsx or .xls, you can ask company engineer (they may even do) or you can even do yourself. Some softwares allow direct loading of .mat in their softwares.
(17) No other question or email will be replied in case of any problem in creating or copying.
Script is uploaded on IEEE Codeocean, pls. read details given in ReadMe.txt. Graphs can be regenerated with these scripts.
- Capsule : 'Comparison of 72 Magnetic Experiments-Flyback Transformer'
- DOI (IEEE Codeocean) : https://doi.org/10.24433/CO.4569257.v1
- DOI (IEEE Codeocean) : https://doi.org/10.24433/CO.4569257.v2
- DOI (IEEE Codeocean) : https://doi.org/10.24433/CO.4569257.v3
(1) Input - 85 VAC- 265 VAC at 50 Hz
(2) There are 14 zip folders
(3) Market_specifications.zip has Market_specifications.pdf, is the list of chargers wattages,pdf name (in construction folder) and voltages, for which 2 transformers are designed for the international market.
(4) The folder 'Construction.zip' has the transformer construction details in pdf. This folder has 36 pdfs, named according to the chargers wattages. Each pdf has details for both transformers, along with core details and tolerances.
All the following wattages/voltages are internationally sold in the market (I have not decided these voltages/wattages).
10 is 10Watt
12d48 is 12.48 Watt
12 is 12 watt
15 is 15 watt
18p0 is 18Watt - one design with one voltage and current rating.
18p1 is 18Watt - second design with other voltage and current rating.
20p0 is 20Watt - one design with one voltage and current rating.
20p1 is 20Watt - second design with other voltage and current rating.
20p2 is 20Watt - third design with other voltage and current rating.
20p3 is 20Watt - fourth design with other voltage and current rating.
22d5 is 22.55watt
24 is 24 watt
25 is 25 watt
27 is 27 watt
2 is 2 watt
30p0 is 30 Watt - one design with one voltage and current rating.
30p1 is 30 Watt - second design with other voltage and current rating.
33 is 33 watt
36 is 36 watt
37d5 is 37.5 Watt
3d5 is 3.5 Watt
40 is 40 watt
44 is 44 watt
45p0 is 45Watt - one design with one voltage and current rating.
45p1 is 45Watt - second design with other voltage and current rating.
45p2 is 45Watt - third design with other voltage and current rating.
48 is 48 watt
5 is 5 watt
60 is 60 watt
61 is 61watt
65p0 is 65Watt - one design with one voltage and current rating.
65p1 is 65Watt - second design with other voltage and current rating.
66d5 is 66.5Watt
72 is 72 watt
85 is 85 watt
8d4 is 8.4 watt
(5) The 2 folders 't1_hysteresis', and 't2_hysteresis', is divided into each 6 parts, in total each transformer has 36 folders. For both transformers, in total 72 folders according to wattages. The hysteresis uses 'Jiles-Atherton' model. To know, how the following datasets are made, pls refer research paper. Each of these 72 folders has following files
B_Nominal and H_nominal are the hysteresis curves without any perturbations.
B.mat & H.mat are the hysteresis curves after perturbations. These are plotted in author's IEEE CodeOcean capsule. But the calculated results from these curves is in Table 7 of the research paper.
(6) t1_hysteresis12d48_20p1.zip has transformer T1 hysteresis for wattages 12.48 W to 20 W.
(7) t1_hysteresis20p2_27.zip has transformer T1 hysteresis for wattages 20 W to 27 W.
(8) t1_hysteresis2_12.zip has transformer T1 hysteresis for wattages 2W to 12 W.
(9) t1_hysteresis30p0_40.zip has transformer T1 hysteresis for wattages 30 W to 40W.
(10) t1_hysteresis_44_60.zip has transformer T1 hysteresis for wattages 44 W to 60 W.
(11) t1_hysteresis_61_85.zip has transformer T1 hysteresis for wattages 61 W to 85 W.
(12) t2_hysteresis_12d48_20p1.zip has transformer T2 hysteresis for wattages 12.48 W to 20 W.
(13) t2_hysteresis_20p2_27.zip has transformer T2 hysteresis for wattages 20 W to 27 W.
(14) t2_hysteresis_2_12.zip has transformer T2 hysteresis for wattages 2 W to 12 W.
(15) t2_hysteresis_30p0_40.zip has transformer T2 hysteresis for wattages 30 W to 40 W.
(16) t2_hysteresis_44_60.zip has transformer T2 hysteresis for wattages 44 W to 60 W.
(17) t2_hysteresis_61_85.zip has transformer T2 hysteresis for wattages 61 W to 85 W.
How use Dataset Files
The data can be studied and used in various ways.
(1) The dataset can be used with FEM proprietary or PSpice or Orcad or Altium or with open source softwares.
(2) It can be used to used to design animation of magnetic fields with these softwares.
(3) As the dataset and Research paper has more than 1 value of hysteresis, saturation, it can be used as an estimate value for different prototypes desigining.
(4) The dataset can be loaded into proprietary softwares or trial versions of Finite element or other simulation softwares to regenerate same model or other model or to conduct other study.
(5) The collective graph of the complete dataset in each experiment is also given. For finer analysis, the dataset can be used to see details at much shorter interval.
(6) The datasets are of practically designed transformers which are used in daily life, So one can open business for this or directly give the transformer manufacturer to design the transformer.
(7) R&D engineers have got transformer which has output voltage regulation of ± 2% , rest circuitry is easy but still complex circuits can be made.
(8) It is a full cheat sheet.
(9) One particular wattage and voltage , design can be copied for degree thesis, project or phd thesis.
(10) More than one wattage and voltage , design can be taken for study.
Paper Citing : If want to cite this in paper etc. ,please refer DoI and/or this url.
Funding: There are no funders for this submission. The author has himself fully self-financed (for his passion). I expect all these papers, would be nice Shroud for the passion and the price paid.
Acknowledgement : The author has generated this on Linux and had even used IEEE partner- Code Ocean - Python,C, Matlab ,Cloud Workstation, Jupyter Notebook,Rstudio,stata,julia,Tensorflow, pandas,trial (evaluation) of many proprietary softwares. No paid research, personal R&D work with no support, wastage of time in self teaching,computer crashes/problems and other obstacles.Few gave trial (evaluation) sw with 2-5 months with even willing for 3-6 months further extension but didnt accepted hire contract request (the names cannot be disclosed & word of acknowledging expired in duration). No industry or academic will use their time only doing this work, even if given free unless financed or top MNC. The author does not have any special name to be acknowledged.
- Market_specifications.zip (12.20 kB)
- Construction.zip (720.26 kB)
- t2_hysteresis_2_12.zip (4.96 MB)
- t2_hysteresis_12d48_20p1.zip (4.96 MB)
- t2_hysteresis_20p2_27.zip (5.00 MB)
- t2_hysteresis_30p0_40.zip (5.06 MB)
- t2_hysteresis_44_60.zip (5.09 MB)
- t2_hysteresis_61_85.zip (5.09 MB)
- t1_hysteresis_61_85.zip (5.09 MB)
- t1_hysteresis_44_60.zip (5.09 MB)
- t1_hysteresis2_12.zip (4.75 MB)
- t1_hysteresis12d48_20p1.zip (4.97 MB)
- t1_hysteresis20p2_27.zip (4.93 MB)
- t1_hysteresis30p0_40.zip (5.03 MB)