The Annual Retail Trade Survey (ARTS) produces national estimates of total annual sales, e-commerce sales, end-of-year inventories, inventory-to-sales ratios, purchases, total operating expenses, inventories held outside the United States, gross margins, and end-of-year accounts receivable for retail businesses and annual sales and e-commerce sales for accommodation and food service firms located in the U.S.
License: U.S. Government Work
The 2014 Annual Retail Trade Report was released on March 7, 2016. A Summary of Changes provides comparability with previous surveys.
- Annual Retail Trade Survey—2014:
- Sales (1992-2014): Excel [66KB]
- Sales Taxes (2004-2014): Excel [46KB]
- Inventories (1992-2014): Excel [44KB]
- Purchases (1992-2014): Excel [46KB]
- Total Operating Expenses (2006-2014): Excel [47KB]
- Gross Margin (1993-2014): Excel [46KB]
- Gross Margin as a Percentage of Sales (1993-2014): Excel [47KB]
- Accounts Receivable (2004-2014): Excel [43KB]
- Per Capita Sales (2000-2014): Excel [40KB]
- Inventories Held Inside and Outside the U.S. (2004-2014): Excel [41KB]
- U.S. Retail Trade Sales - Total and E-commerce (1998-2014): Excel [43KB]
- U.S. Electronic Shopping and Mail-Order Houses (NAICS 4541) - Total and E-commerce Sales by Merchandise Line (1999-2014): Excel [43KB]