LSD4WSD VX: An Open Dataset for Wet Snow Detection with SAR Data and Physical Labelling - Full Analysis Version
Learning SAR Dataset for Wet Snow Detection - Full Analysis Version.
The aim of this dataset is to provide a basis for automatic learning to detect wet snow. It is based on Sentinel-1 SAR GRD satellite images acquired between August 2020 and August 2021 over the French Alps. The new version of this dataset is no longer simply restricted to a classification task, and provides a set of metadata for each sample. It consists of 2467516 samples of size 15 by 15 by 9 stored ins hdf5 file. For each sample, the 9 metadata are provided, using in particular the Crocus physical model:
- elevation (meters) (average),
- orientation (degrees) (average),
- slope (degrees) (average),
- name of the alpine massif,
- date of acquisition,
- type of acquisition (ascending/descending),
- Liquid Water Content (km/m2),
- snow height (m),
- minimum snowpack temperature (Celsius degree).
An overview of the distribution and a summary of the sample statistics can be found in the file info.pdf. A more complete description can be found in the README.pdf file.
The processing chain is available at the following Github address.
- The README.pdf file gives details of the dataset of improvements compared with the first version,
- The info.pdf file gives an overview of the distribution and a summary of the sample statistics,
- The dataset_load.py allows to select a part or the whole dataset using requests on the metadata.