Dronevision: A Dataset of Aerial Videos for Computer Vision Applications
- Citation Author(s):
- Submitted by:
- Ninad Mehendale
- Last updated:
- Thu, 05/11/2023 - 14:31
- Data Format:
With the increasing use of drones for surveillance and monitoring purposes, there is a growing need for reliable and efficient object detection algorithms that can detect and track objects in aerial images and videos. To develop and test such algorithms, datasets of aerial videos captured from drones are essential. In this context, this dataset of aerial videos captured over a college campus provides a valuable resource for researchers and developers to train and evaluate object detection models for surveillance and security applications in a campus environment. This dataset comprises aerial videos captured from a drone over a college campus. The dataset is intended for use in object detection and other surveillance applications. The videos provide a good-resolution bird's-eye view of the campus, allowing for the detection and tracking of people, trees,ground, and other objects. The dataset contains a range of scenarios, including parking lots, and open spaces. The dataset can be used to develop and evaluate object detection algorithms for surveillance and security applications in a college campus environment. The dataset is publicly available and can be used for research purposes.
Steps to use this Dataset:
- 1. Download the “Drone_Videos.zip” file on your device
- 2. Extract the “Drone_Videos.zip” file at a particular location.
- 3. You will find two folders , the folder name “Videos” contain all the videos taken from a drone.
- 4. Folder name “Detected Result” contains images of a person and other objects detected.
- 5. The word document consists of a small report for the work done.
- Drone_Videos.zip (254.23 MB)