Sample Electricity Grid Outage Management Data
This dataset was curated for outage management in electricity networks. It is based on a modification of the IEEE 24 bus reliability test system network. The modified network comprises 10 generators, 50 buses, and 40 load zones; supplying 270,000 customers. For illustrative purposes, the network is assumed to span the region between longitudes 13.2989°W and 12.9133°W and latitudes 8.1712°N and 8.4998°N. This region happens to be located in Western Sierra Leone and covers an area of approximately 681 square kilometres.
The dataset comprises:
1. Shapefiles containing network and load zone boundaries, asset locations, and historical failure locations.
2. Comma-Separated Values files containing the:
- failure and repair characteristics of individual network components;
- generator data, as well as generation profiles of generators;
- load profiles of load zones;
- component failure mode characteristics and repair time distribution parameters; and
- maintenance team mapping to failure modes.
Please note that this dataset is not associated with an actual electricity network.
The enclosing zip folder contains two subfolders and each contains a readme file (in .docx, .txt, and .pdf formats) that describes the attributes of the data contained in the subfolder.