Portable X/gamma-ray survey meter based on the Internet of Things network for measuring the environmental radiation distribution
In this study, we developed a portable X/gamma-ray survey meter for large-scale distributed real-time monitoring of the ambient dose equivalent rate in the surrounding environment, using a silicon photomultiplier coupled with a CsI(Tl) scintillator. This innovation is integrated into an Internet of Things (IoT) network. The device realizes a wide range of dose rate measurements by switching the frequency of a pulse-frequency modulation (PFM) -type DC-DC power supply mode. The energy response is improved through Geant4 simulation and multicomparator design. The energy response of the survey meter ranges from 48 keV to 1.3 MeV, encompassing common protection level applications. It effectively measures gamma radiation dose rates ranging between 0.1 uSv/h and 100 mSv/h for Co-60. Temperature compensation of the detector was achieved through a series of experiments; the meter exhibits a deviation of -25% to +25% at temperatures between -40 and +40℃.
This dataport includes all experimental data from paper "Portable X/γ-ray survey meter based on the Internet of Things network for measuring the environmental radiation distribution".
- The ambient dose equivalent rate of the survey meter，the γ radiation dose rate ranged from 38 µSv/h to 370 mSv/h for 60Co Co-60_test.xlsx (22.51 kB)
- The ambient dose equivalent rate of the survey meter，the γ radiation dose rate ranged from 0.1 µSv/h to 22 mSv/h for Cs-137 Cs-137_test.xlsx (27.15 kB)
- Temperature response of the detector before and after temperature calibration Temperature calibration.xlsx (8.85 kB)
- Geant4 simulation of the count rate corresponding to 100 uSv/h when tungsten compensation plates of different thicknesses used tungsten compensator simulation by Geant4.xlsx (9.72 kB)
- Comparison between Geant4 simulations and experimental results before_After compensation test.xlsx (14.75 kB)
- Measurements recorded with the survey meter along the subway Fangshan Line subway station test.xlsx (30.82 kB)
- Long-term stability of the survey meter long-term test.xlsx (70.38 kB)