This repository contains:
- age-stratified Covid-19 case and fatality data for different countries and at different points in time, and
- an interactive Jupyter notebook for mediation analysis of age-related causal effects on case fatality rates,
published as part of the following paper:
"Simpson's paradox in Covid-19 case fatality rates: a mediation analysis of age-related causal effects". J von Kügelgen*, L Gresele*, B Schölkopf. (*equal contribution). https://arxiv.org/abs/2005.07180
We provide the following three separate datasets:
- a dataset containing only the most recent numbers from: Argentina, China, Colombia, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, South Korea and the Diamond Princess cruise ship (last checked: end of May 2020)
- a longitudinal dataset containing several reports from Italy (9 March - 26 May 2020)
- a longitudinal dataset containing several reports from Spain (22 March - 29 May 2020)
All numbers of confirmed cases and fatalities are stratified by age into groups of 10 years (0-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+), and contain the date and country of reporting, as well as links to the corresponding sources (generally health agenices/ministries, or scientific publications).
Please consult the paper and notebook for further details.