Renewable Generation and Spot-Price in the Northeast of Brazil
- Citation Author(s):
- Submitted by:
- Pedro Prescott
- Last updated:
- Thu, 01/12/2023 - 15:37
- Data Format:
This dataset accounts for the cross-dependency between renewable generation and spot prices of 200 coupled scenarios for the three-dimensional time series comprising the spot prices, wind generation, and solar generation for every hour. To do that, we used the commercial hydrothermal dispatch model SDDP (from PSR Consulting) to simulate Brazilian spot prices based on the scenarios for the main renewable spots of the Brazilian system. We selected the year 2025 as the target year for the contracting horizon.
This dataset contains the input data used in the paper of Pedro Prescott and Alexandre Street.
This folder contains four hourly datasets based. The first to third files corresponds to solar generation, wind generation and spot price, all three coupled, regarding a power plant placed in the Northeast of the Brazilian Power Sector. The fourth file brings the historical generation of solar and wind. All generation data refers to one MW power plant.
1. solar_gen_2025_psr: composed by the generation of a solar power plant, with one MW, where each line corresponds to an hour in the year for each scenario, in columns “_1” to “_200”.
2. wind_gen_2025_psr: composed by the generation of a wind power plant, with one MW, where each line corresponds to an hour in the year for each scenario, in columns “_1” to “_200”.
3. spot_price_2025_psr: composed by the Spot Price in R$/MWh of the Northeast Zone of the Brazilian Power Sector where each line corresponds to an hour in the year for each scenario, in columns “_1” to “_200”.
4. hist_gen_psr: wind and solar generation of a power plant, with one MW, from the year 1980 to 2017, where each line corresponds to one hour for solar and wind columns.
- Dataport files.zip (66.08 MB)