One can access a dataset either by entering keywords in the search bar or by searching in the dataset categories. Once the desired dataset is located, it can be accessed by double clicking on the dataset. Refer to these instructions for Accessing a Dataset:
Instructions for Accessing a Dataset on IEEE DataPort
1. Go to ieee-dataport.org
2. Login to IEEE Dataport using the button in the upper right hand corner of the ieee-dataport.org home page using your IEEE login (staff logins do not have access at this time). Note: If you do not currently have an IEEE login, please click Sign Up in the upper right hand corner of the home page to acquire an IEEE login without cost.
3. Go to DATASETS tab.
4. Search for a dataset or browse dataset categories shown on lower left hand side of page.
5. Click on desired dataset to view the Title, Abstract, and Instructions. On the right hand side of the page you will note the following information is provided: Citation Authors, person who submitted the dataset submittal, data submitted, DOI, data format and Links.
6. If you are not already a subscriber to IEEE DataPort, you will see a message at the top of the right hand column offering the opportunity to subscribe.
7. Click Subscribe Now to begin the subscription process. Provide the required information and enter the coupon code you have been provided with to enable you to subscribe at no cost (we are currently in an experimental phase and use of IEEE DataPort is being provided at no cost).
8. Once you have subscribed and go back to the desired dataset, you will see in the upper right hand side of the page options to access the dataset either via the AWS S3 URI tab or the Download tab. We encourage people to leverage AWS and access the dataset, especially large datasets, in the Cloud but the option remains to simply download the dataset.
9. Congratulations - you have now accessed a dataset on IEEE DataPort!