A New Dynamic Stochastic EV Model for Power System Planning Applications
The uploaded data file is a part of data used or generated by a model proposed in a paper entitled: “A New Dynamic Stochastic EV Model for Power System Planning Applications”. The proposed model in this paper consists of two sub-models which are the travel behavior and the battery depletion sub-models. The proposed model is taken into consideration the different trip purposes, starting and ending trip times, as well as the corresponding battery depletion. The outcomes from the travel behavior sub-model are the starting times, the ending times and the trips distances. These outcomes are used by the battery depletion sub-model with the environmental conditions to determine the PEV battery depletion by the end of a trip. The outcomes of overall model can be used for long-term studies with different charging strategies.
Finally, the uploaded data file includes many of data set used by this model, for example:
· The annual, monthly and daily probabilities for each trip purpose used by travel sub-model.
· The starting and ending times of each trip generated by travel sub-model.
· The trips distances generated by travel sub-model.
· The different batteries capacities available in the market to be used by battery depletion sub-model.
· Temperature data used in the battery depletion sub-model.
· Generation units’ data and normal demand to be used in the reliability study as an application of the proposed model.
Instructions about Dataset File:
Data set file includes 8 sheets as follow:
1. Sheet 1 (Trip Information): shows Probability of Annual Trip Purpose, Probability of Monthly Trip Purpose, Probability of Daily Trip Purpose, and probability of Plugin electric vehicles (PEV) classes.
2. Sheet 2 (Trip Start Time): is considered as one of the outputs from travel behavior sub-model that uses the information in the previous sheet and obtains the probability of starting a trip of a certain purpose through one day.
3. Sheet 3 (Trip End Time): like sheet 2, but it shows the probability of ending a trip of a certain purpose through one day.
4. Sheet 4 (Trip Distances): shows the parameters of probability distribution function for each trip purpose used by travel behavior sub-model to obtain the distance of each trip.
5. Sheet 5 (Battery Capacity in the Market): is used by battery depletion sub-model and it shows Different battery capacities (kWh) and its percentage share according to the market shares in USA.
6. Sheet 6 (Temperature Data): shows the different temperatures during one year to be used in battery depletion sub-model to determine the battery depletion energy due to usage of PEV A/C or heater.
7. Sheet 7 (Generation units Data): shows the data of generation units used to generate 5000 virtual scenarios to study the power system reliability as an application for the proposed model.
8. Sheet 8 (Normal Demand Data): shows the data of normal load demand in P.U to be used in the reliability study. (The Annual peak base power is 185 MW).