2022 Dataset Upload Contest: $20,000 in Cash Prizes
The 2022 Dataset Upload Contest has concluded. Entries are now closed. Thank you to all the participants.
The dataset upload contest is designed to encourage authors and researchers to bring their research to the forefront of the global technical community through IEEE DataPort. Anyone who uploads a dataset to IEEE DataPort between October 1, 2022 at 12:00 am EST and November 30, 2022 at 11:59 pm EDT, will have the opportunity to enter the 2022 dataset upload contest for a chance to win one of four cash prizes.
There are four dataset categories you can enter and the top dataset in each of these categories will win a $5,000 cash prize. Categories include:
- Machine Learning
- Environmental/Climate Change
- Biomedical and Health Sciences
- General/Other (upload to any other category)
When uploading either a standard or an open access dataset to IEEE DataPort during this time, users will be prompted to review and agree to the official rules of the contest and select a contest category for your dataset. If you check the box and select a category, that’s all you need to do to enter!
Below are the highlights of the contest guidelines, but please read the full official rules before proceeding with an entry.
- Entrants must upload a dataset to IEEE DataPort
- Datasets uploaded as data competitions are not eligible for the contest
- Any dataset format may be used, including but not limited to zip, gz, csv, json, txt, sql, xml, tsv, xls, xlsx, mp3, gif, jpg, png, mp4, mpg, yaml, dat, mat, and fig.
- Entries must include complete metadata, a full abstract, custom image, detailed instructions, and usable dataset files
- Datasets must be published on IEEE DataPort.
- Dataset files should either be related to scholarly research (a published or planned paper) or provide value to the research community
- Individuals must agree to the official rules
- Individuals may submit multiple datasets, each serving as a distinct entry
- Previous dataset upload contest winners are not eligible to win
- Individuals are eligible to win in only one of the four contest categories
- Contest registrants are encouraged to promote their dataset on personal and organizational social media channels
- Contest registrants are encouraged to upload scripts or code with their dataset.
How to Win
A panel of IEEE volunteers will select the top datasets in each of the four contest categories based on the number of unique visitors each dataset receives by the end of the contest period (November 30), the quality of the metadata, and the value to the technical community. Any submissions without complete metadata and dataset files are not eligible to win. IEEE reserves the right to unpublish any incomplete datasets or entries that are not deemed valuable to the research community.
A cash prize of $5,000 will be awarded to the top dataset in each of the four contest categories. Winners will be notified by the end of the year.